Never a dull moment…
- A robot ceases to be on the course when the official determines that it is no longer able to recover to the course. This will be determined if any of the following happen:
- The robot leaves the course completely (usually falling off)
- The robot partially leaves the course and cannot get back on (hangs on the edge)
- The robot becomes stuck at a transition point (the pit or the peak usually)
- As with all of the events, timing is started when the robot crosses the start line and is completed when it crosses the finish line.
- If a robot fails to complete the course, the time will be the time at which the official determines that any of the conditions under #1 above are true. The team may “throw in the towel” if the robot is hung up and ask the official to stop the timer, but that would also end the trial. There is no limit on when the team may “call” the end of the trial.
- NOTE: I previously stated, by error, that we had failed to specify a 1 foot maximum length, but we had… so no robots over 12” in length. Sorry for any confusion.